Matthew E. Munson
Matt Munson is fully dedicated to helping people who have been harmed by medical device and drug corporations. He began his career in Alabama, representing clients at the state and federal levels, helping them win numerous verdicts in medical device, pharmaceutical, personal injury, wrongful death and business tort cases. Matt currently litigates for victims of IVC filters and pain pumps.
Prior to joining our team, Matt worked for Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles, where he was lead attorney on cases involving IVC filters, Zimmer Biomet’s Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder System, hernia mesh, 3M Bair Hugger warming blankets, and Biomet’s metal-on-metal hip implants.
Matt’s career highlights include his instrumental role in leading the fight against post-operative pain pumps. As co-lead counsel in the first bellwether trial in California state courts, Matt helped victims win more than $60 million in settlements. He’s also helped clients win big cases against the pharma giants responsible for Baycol, Vioxx, Zyprexa, Crestor, Viagra, Cialis, Granuflo, Lipitor and the antibiotics that cause Stevens-Johnson Syndrome.
Matt devotes his free time to his wife and two daughters. He loves the outdoors, testing his BBQ skills on family and friends, and rooting for his beloved Auburn Tigers. He is a member of Christchurch Montgomery and serves as Chairman Emeritus for Southeastern Diabetes Education Services’ Camp Seale Harris, a nonprofit camp for youth with Type-1 diabetes.
- Auburn University at Montgomery, B.A., 2000
- Western Michigan University, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., Dean’s List, 2006
- Selected for law review
- All Alabama state courts
- All Alabama federal courts
- American Association for Justice
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth & Tenth circuits
- Alabama Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Montgomery County Association for Justice
- Montgomery County Bar Association
Ratings and Awards
- AV-Preeminent-Rated® Attorney with Martindale-Hubbell, 2013-present
- Top 1% of America’s Most Honored Professionals®, 2016-present